Poem: Free

9/15/2012

   I am but a mundane traveler
   I long to walk the earth, 
   I dare to climb hills and mountains,
   I will swim seas and rivers
   and if only these arms of mine could fly
   surely I will soar cloud high

   I yearn to fill this insatiable cup of curiosity 
   with new found gratification
   I will search for wonders and miracles 
   and venture the blurry immeasurable distance.

   I am, I will, and I shall!

   My very soul demands it
   Restlessness is in its nature
   It will die if not fed, 
   but will live a lifetime once enlightened
   The eagerness overflows and determination seeps in the air
   My only worry, my ever thought, 
   Will the flesh accomplish the will of the spirit?

   2012©Agapin Edrayll
    Image: Atonement, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme: The Classic || Contact: dmonalon@gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 The Walking Paradox, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger